People now live in this fast-paced and ever-changing world as they run in place and try to catch up with the changes at the same time. Each day, you face enormous challenges as you try to juggle family, career, relationships, and finances which can be very exhausting because it feels like you are running on empty-handed. Trying to keep up with the world’s hectic pace can lead to high levels of stress and anxiety, the ultimate killjoys of life. Once stress and anxiety take their toll, you become disconnected, wired, out of control, and sometimes number with your self-esteem plummeting to new lows.
You become extremely mechanical, and you live in your head when in fact, you should be living from your heart.
So, how do you get away from this place of anxiety and stress? How will you restore balance and regain your innate life force to have a full and free life? The answer is none other than guided relaxation and meditation.
Cellular and Hormonal Effects of Meditation
Deep relaxation and guided meditation both offer a lot of amazing benefits on your hormones and your body, and these include the following:
- Meditation can help in calming the adrenals, giving them the chance to rest and relieving them from excessive production of the stress hormone cortisol that has a negative impact on thyroid function and weight loss ability.
- Meditation also slows down the brain wave activity as well as subdues stress while triggering HGH or human growth hormone at the same time. HGH also helps regulating your metabolism, stimulating fat cells to lower the amount of stored fats, promoting cells’ protein synthesis, and playing a vital role in blood sugar regulation.
- Meditation can also eliminate the state of high alert in your endocrine system. The secretion of hormones becomes regulated, with all of your body’s hormonal systems, such as sex hormones, adrenals, and thyroid having the chance to get back to their balanced condition and give your soul the much needed restoration.
- Both relaxation and meditation let your body rest properly, and this is when balance is restored and vitality is renewed throughout your whole body. This is not always what happens when you sleep. Also, meditation can improve your sleep’s quality as this can quell your mind’s endless babbling.
- Meditation can decrease inflammation at cellular level which neutralizes acidosis and minimizes pain.
- Meditation can alkalize your system as well, and balance out the acidity which has accrued due to the excessive activity of your analytical mind as well the fear-based thinking which produces stress hormones.
These are only some of the many exciting and powerful benefits of daily practice of guided relaxation and meditation. Deep relaxation and guided meditation will help you in training your brain to enjoy life, accept yourself, and slow down. So, reclaim your power and be in control of your life and yourself once again. After all, this is the most vital investment you can ever make in and for yourself.